[Liblas-devel] Need a very large LAS file

Black, Michael (IS) Michael.Black2 at ngc.com
Thu Oct 28 08:30:30 EDT 2010

Gary -- can you try using las2las to cut out smaller sections of your file until the problem goes away and find the "magic" point at which it fails?  Actually, I wonder if las2las will even work on a file that large.
That would be enlightening.  I would guess a 32-bit overflow is occurring.
So start, perhaps, at 2GB and keep doubling.

Michael D. Black
Senior Scientist
Advanced Analytics Directorate
Northrop Grumman Information Systems