[Liblas-devel] setup LibLAS for vb.net 2010 (express)

Lewis Carrol lewiscarroll71 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 00:39:13 EDT 2010

 Howard,

> <http://liblas.org/tutorial/csharp.html> is about what you are hoping for,
> but you need to use the latest Mercurial repository of the .NET bindings <
> http://hg.liblas.org/clr/> along with a libLAS 1.2.x version to be able to
> do that (and there isn't much for instructions on how to get it all to
> work).  Unfortunately, the people who were working on the .NET stuff have
> kind of fallen off of the radar, and I don't know anything about it, so I'm
> not going to be a good resource either.
>
> > Is this not what liblas can offer?
>
> I would note that the Python bindings appear to be exactly <
> http://liblas.org/tutorial/python.html> what you are after, but in a
> different language.  If you are looking to embed LAS capabilities in your
> .NET application, a Python library isn't what you need, but if you are
> looking to merely manipulate a bunch of LAS files, the Python bindings can
> fit the bill in a much easier form than programming in c/c++.
>
> I don't have any experience with Python, and although the learning curve
for that language does not seem to be that steep, it may be a bit too much
for what I am trying to achieve. I am afraid that what I was trying to
achieve with liblas is not possible with liblas, at least not for myself and
my skills. My programming knowledge is limited to VB and VB .NET and I am
quite competent in that language. I can't make head or tail though from your
suggestions on how to work with Python bindings etc. I believe it would be
easier for me to write a LAS VB .net class from scratch...

Your information is much appreciated though, and maybe others can use the
information provided.

Lewis