[Liblas-devel] liblas throwing an error upon wrong day of the year on "corrupt" LAS file

Martin Isenburg martin.isenburg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:04:23 EDT 2011

> Anyhow the problem was easily solved by changing the code in header.cpp
> Ciao
> Francesco

But it should be fixed in the main release. I see a Y10K bug looming ... (-;

337	void Header::SetCreationYear(uint16_t v)
338	{
339	    // mloskot: I've taken these values arbitrarily
340	    if (v > 9999)
341	        throw std::out_of_range("year out of range");
342
343	    m_createYear = v;
344	}

in many data sets from http://liblas.org/samples  the creation day /
year is not set anyways

lasinfo -i autzen-colorized-1.2-3.laz -no_check -stdout | grep creation
  file creation day/year:    0/0
lasinfo -i TO_core_last.laz -no_check -stdout | grep creation
  file creation day/year:    0/0
lasinfo -i SerpentMoundModelLASData.laz -no_check -stdout | grep creation
  file creation day/year:    0/0
lasinfo -i TO_core_last.laz -no_check -stdout | grep creation
  file creation day/year:    0/0
lasinfo -i TO_core_last.laz -no_check -stdout | grep creation
  file creation day/year:    0/0
lasinfo -i IowaDNR-CloudPeakSoft-1.0-UTM15N.laz -no_check -stdout |
grep creation
  file creation day/year:    0/0