[Liblas-devel] Open source lidar software?

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Wed Apr 6 13:19:03 EDT 2011

I'm doing an informal survey of the landscape for open source lidar software
(visualization, format conversion, dem generation, filtering/classification,
etc), and it turns out the world is a lot more bleak than I'd expected:

* liblas
* laszip
* libE57 (beta)
* DielmoOpenLidar (http://www.dielmo.com/eng/ficha-tecnologia.php?prod=21)
* MCC-lidar (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mcclidar/)
* SAGA
* Quantum GIS (qgis)
* OSSIM
* GDAL

Does anyone have any others to add to the list?  I'm only interested in
tools for which source is available under a legit OSI license and which seem
to be relatively stable and/or actively maintained -- so this excludes
Fusion, ALPS, Opals, ALDPAT, lastools, fullanalyze, ...

-mpg