[Liblas-devel] libLAS/libPC -- looking for funding, sponsorship

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 13:07:26 EDT 2011

On Apr 7, 2011, at 11:55 AM, Peter Tittmann wrote:

> Howard et al,
>
> I've used the Mayavi2 toolkit very clumsily but with quite hopeful results with the liblas python API as a pipeline to traited vtk. I'm assuming that the PCL hand-off you reference means that there is an eye to VTK?

I was assuming something more like implementing things in such a way that libPC could act as a data provider for PCL's pcl::io subsystem.  Anything on top of PCL could then suck in data via libPC.  Think of how MapServer uses GDAL to read raster data now, instead of providing its own TIFF driver, for example.