[Liblas-devel] Las2Oci problems

Martin Isenburg martin.isenburg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:23:40 EDT 2011

hi,

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 6:01 AM, T.J.F. Commandeur
<daboytom101 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  For scientific research I created another kind of Lasblock based on
> spatial finalization by M. Isenburg (spfinalizer).
> This program is able to process larger point clouds and has a low memory
> footprint based on a quadtree structure.
>
> When the program is done it creates either separate las files for every
> block or a las and kdx file.

interesting. do you mind sharing your code? i similarly re-used my
spfinalizer code to tile large amounts of LAS points into separate uniform
square LAS tiles with lastile [1]. i know that lasblock strives for balanced
point counts and spatially compact blocks. what was your design goal? does
your code - following the spfinalize strategy - merge the quad-tree cells of
an initially overly detailed quad-tree bottom-up to reach a target
minimum number of points per cell?

[1] http://www.cs.unc.edu/~isenburg/lastools/download/lastile_README.txt

sorry ...cannot help on the Las2Oci questions

cheers,

martin @lastools