[Liblas-devel] GetProj4() string and NAD83

Adam Stylinski stylinae at mail.uc.edu
Thu Dec 29 12:42:40 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm having issues with LADAR files which do not use the WGS84 coordinate
system.  I am translating coordinates into longitude and latitude and
testing with google earth.  Whenever a LAS file has NAD83 coordinate it
seems to have a tendency to be completely wrong (most of which end up being
somewhere in the ocean).  Is there something I'm doing that doesn't work?

I use the GetProj4() to get the proj4 string.  I then do a
pj_init_plus(proj4str) to get the represented coordinate system, and then
do a pj_latlong_from_proj() on that coordinate system to get the lat/long
coordinate system.  Then to translate to lat/long I do a pj_transform with
the src being the original coordinate system, the destination being the
lat/long coordinate system, the next two parameters being 1,1, and the x
and y being from a point pulled from GetX(), GetY().  Am I doing this
wrong?