[Liblas-devel] lasinfo, las2las, las2txt with no argument bombs

Peder Axensten Peder.Axensten at slu.se
Sun Feb 20 17:10:54 EST 2011

I've just installed liblas 1.6 with tools. When I use libinfo with no arguments (I wanted to get the version info) it got a memory issue:

$ lasinfo
Input LAS file not specified!
    lasinfo (libLAS 1.6.0 with GeoTIFF 1.3.0 GDAL 1.8.0 LASzip 1.0.1)

lasinfo options:
lasinfo(21384) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fff70717500: pointer being freed was not allocated
  -h [ --help ]         produce help messageAbort trap

This does not happen if I give it a file. Same thing with las2las, las2txt, but not with the -old variants.

Is this a known issue?

Best regards,

Peder Axensten
Research engineer