[Liblas-devel] lasinfo, las2las, las2txt with no argument bombs

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:26:56 EST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Peder Axensten wrote:

> I've just installed liblas 1.6 with tools. When I use libinfo with no arguments (I wanted to get the version info) it got a memory issue:
>
> $ lasinfo
> Input LAS file not specified!
>    lasinfo (libLAS 1.6.0 with GeoTIFF 1.3.0 GDAL 1.8.0 LASzip 1.0.1)
>
> lasinfo options:
> lasinfo(21384) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fff70717500: pointer being freed was not allocated
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>  -h [ --help ]         produce help messageAbort trap
>
> This does not happen if I give it a file. Same thing with las2las, las2txt, but not with the -old variants.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Peder,

Which version of Boost are you using?  If I recall correctly, there was a bug in older versions of program_options, which is what libLAS is using in lasinfo to output help information and parse commandline arguments.

Howard

PS, Please join the list at your slu.se address, as you are not able to post by default with this email and I manually allowed this message to come through.