[Liblas-devel] Ground Modeling with RAW LiDAR and libLAS

Volker Wichmann wichmann at laserdata.at
Sun Mar 6 14:07:15 EST 2011

SAGA GIS is also worth a look (http://www.saga-gis.org).

It uses libLAS for LAS file import to the SAGA native point cloud
format. SAGA includes several tools to manipulate the point cloud, e.g.
an attribute calculator, reclassifier, subset extractor and many other
methods like gridding and interpolation. There is also (a grid based)
bare earth filter, adapted from Vosselman (2001).

SAGA API is C++ and implementing own modules is quite straight forward.

Volker