[Liblas-devel] liblas 1.6+ and gps absolute time

Charles Cowart charliec at sdsc.edu
Fri Oct 21 20:46:15 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I recently became aware of the fact that the LAS specification version 1.2 supports absolute GPS time (presumably in seconds since the GPS time epoch?) as well as GPS week time; moreover, I learned that LAS 1.0 and 1.1 only support GPS week time.

I have a question regarding support for absolute and week time in liblas 1.6+. Specifically, When creating new las v1.2 files (using txt2las, las2las, etc.), is the 'GPS Time Type' properly set to 0 by default? Also, when using txt2las and the '-t' switch, is liblas smart enough to know when a value is absolute vs week-time only?

Best Regards,

Charles