[Liblas-devel] ARSF LiDAR Analysis GUI

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 07:54:03 PDT 2012

This looks awesome.

I'll add that Grant Brown added a freeglut-based simple viewer (lasviewer) based on PyOpenGL to laspy at https://github.com/grantbrown/laspy .  It needs quite a bit of work (addition of mouse navigation would be nice), but the fun part is that it's programmable in pure python. It's primary features are fly-through navigation and RGB/Intensity colorization.  PDAL has a freeglut-based simple viewer too, but both of these are simple visualization -- and they're not as useful as LAG appears to be.

Martin,

When can we convince you that proper source code tracking and versioned releases are prerequisite for people to build upon your software?  It's great that LASlib is LGPL, but it's frustrating that we can't refer to release versions, or track your changes in a revision system unless we're doing it ourselves manually.  Things like LAG demonstrate the need for this even more clearly.

Howard