[Liblas-devel] Liblas-devel Digest, Vol 79, Issue 1

Martin Isenburg martin.isenburg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 13:30:30 PST 2016

Hi,

in this case you are indeed just be storing HAG as a quantized value in
decimeters (or decifeet) in the 8 bit unsigned user_data field that ranges
from 0 to 255 (e.g. 0 to 25.5 meters or feet). See the README file of
lasheight for details.

http://lastools.org/download/lasheight_README.txt

Furthermore you seem then to merely visualize the user_data field in Global
Mapper and not a dedicated HAG field.

Regards,

Martin