[Liblas-devel] can't detect projection

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Mar 27 12:47:26 PDT 2017

On 27 March 2017 at 20:59, Peter Tittmann <ptittmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mateusz,
>
> The following describes the current GDAL_DATA environment on the Debian machine (which can’t detect the CRS). Would there be another source for the data directory I should set?

GDAL_DATA points to single location, unless something has changed lately.

The output you are getting is generated by these lines, so it's either
GeoTIFF or GDAL:
https://github.com/libLAS/libLAS/blob/master/src/header.cpp#L886-L895

No idea how debian packages are generated.
You may try to copy over GDAL_DATA files to Debian and see if it helps.
Perhaps the shared SRS files changed somehow.
Having no runtime env handy, I can only keep brainstorming.

Best regards,