[rttopo-dev] Interest in maintaining librttopo

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jan 4 08:15:04 PST 2024

Hi Nikolaos, happy new year ! Replies inline

On Thu, Jan 04, 2024 at 10:59:48AM -0500, Nikolaos Chatzikonstantinou via librttopo-dev wrote:

> I was wondering if you'd be interested in me maintaining & attempting
> to fix some bugs in librttopo.

Fix some bugs is always good. Maintaining is a responsibility that
requires building some trust among the devs community so I would say
start with the first and build up from there.

> The first bug I'd like to fix would be
> <https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/rttopo/librttopo/issues/43>.

I see you were able to compare with PostGIS, have you also spotted
the git commits, in PostGIS, which fixed that bug ? As I guess this
would basically be a port of those fixes.

> Of course I can just submit patches but then someone else would have
> to review them. For me either way works.

I'd say start with submitting the patches, maintenance (which I would
love to see coming) would also imply reviewing contributions of
others, and I see a pending PR, beside mine, which is short and
waiting for a review. Reviewing that one would also help in building
that trust :)

--strk;