[Live-demo] LiveDVD, Portable GIS, osgeo4w

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:31:49 EST 2008

Joanne Cook wrote:
> I guess it would be nice to brand it better- perhaps more in-line with OSGeo, and to try and ensure that it has mostly the same versions of software- where possible.

Jo and Alex, it is good to hear your recommendations on portable gis
packaging. I think you have a better technical understanding than me and
will leave that part of this thread alone.

Jo, I'm interested to hear you expand on your thoughts about branding.
How do you think this should be addressed?

I think branding is important for many of us Open Source developers as
it links us to future customers and work.

Geospatial Systems Architect