[Live-demo] Educational content for the Live DVD

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:47:57 EDT 2009

With the organisation of FOSS4G 2009 marching steadily along, we've
reached the point where we need to start figuring out what to add to the
Live DVD we will be providing delegates.  In particular, I'm interested
in what Edu material is available that people think should be included.

I should be clear on a few points, we don't want the DVD to become a
library of material.  It should target beginner users primarily (our
expected audience at the conference) and make use of software and data
on the dvd.  Current software is described on the wiki[1], and basic
sample data is installed along with the programs.  More data will be
happily included as appropriate for the material, and additional
applications can be added if people are willing to make it happen.

So if you know of any material that would be of interest, please let us
know.  Ideally we want these to be catalogued in the education
database[2] as well so our DVD team can find them easily.

[1]http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Packages#Available_packages
[2]http://www.osgeo.org/educational_content

--
Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009