[Live-demo] Install Issues

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Mar 21 03:33:43 EDT 2009

I'm working on setting up a couple of laptops as demo machines at an
OSGeo booth next week but had some issues.

Specifically I was using the Arramagong discs, both the stable and beta.
Basically if I choose to install the disc loads a bunch of stuff and
drop to a command prompt logged in as ubuntu at ubuntu it doesn't start the
install at all. Does anyone know the correct boot parameters to make the
installer run?

2nd, when using the live discs can someone remind me where to find the
passwords for things like sudo, postgres, etc.

Thanks,
Alex

PS: It's urgent I leave for the show in 1 day and have about 3 to fix
the issues with limited internet.