[Live-demo] Does your application work on the click2try GISVM?

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Wed Oct 14 12:15:05 EDT 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Tom Callaghan wrote:

> Hi Aneel and Arun,
>
> Dane is requesting that we perform an apt-get upgrade.  Since you are
> assembling all of this for production, I wanted to pass the request
> on to
> you.  Apparently, our /etc/ap/sources.list file did not have an line
> for
> jaunty-updates.  I was thinking that that would be best done in the
> base
> image, but do not know what the impact will be on the app layer.

So the new line was added to the 'sources.list' but 'apt-get update'
was not run on this new machine. Why not?

I tried to do it myself within the running VM but after all packages
are downloaded (took about 20 minutes)  dpkg bails with this error:

'dpkg: error processing gnome-power-manager (--remove):
  failed to delete `/etc.dpkg-tmp': read-only file system

Do you know why this is happening?

Dane