[Live-demo] Does your application work on the click2try GISVM?

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Wed Oct 14 23:41:07 EDT 2009

Hello Arun,

On Oct 14, 2009, at 8:20 PM, arun.s at tecnics.com wrote:

> Hello Dane,
>
> I just summarize what we understand after viewing mails from you and
> Alex.
>
> On VM , below steps should to be done by us to fix this issue
>
> Step1: apt-get update
> Step2: apt-get upgrade
> Step3: Verify proper python version.

Yes, exactly. To verify this worked do:

python2.6 -c "import mapnik" # should yield no response and if so the
problem is fixed!

python2.5 -c "import mapnik" # this already works

the version we need from APT is 'python-mapnik=0.5.1-3ubuntu2.1'

> Step4: apt-get install mapnik
>                 or rerun
>            sudo ./install_mapnik.sh?

This should not be needed, but it would be fine if you ran it.

> step5: Any specific step to verify things are fine ?

Nothing more. Let me know once this is done so I can test further.

Thanks,

Dane