[Live-demo] mapserver capabilities urls - WMS possible?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 17:52:28 EDT 2009

And it is - but the magic words are "capabilities URL" - I am a bit
worried (after an hour on #mapserver) that the demo set up for the
live dvd does not include WMS and WFS functionality (so I cannot show
mapserver playing nice with others).

The best I came up with was:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv54?map=/usr/local/share/mapserver/demos/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.map&Request=GetCapabilities&Service=WMS

Which produces a capabilities document; but then the resulting layers
do not render.
(it takes a lot for a WMS not to render - breaking WFS is easy; and I
did not even try that).

Jody