[Live-demo] mapserver capabilities urls - WMS possible?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 21:54:39 EDT 2009

Thanks Alex;

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Alex Mandel
<tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> I got as far as to figure out the the EPSG code used in gmap75_wms.map
> isn't in the proj on the system, epsg=42304. So neither Mapserver nor
> QGIS know how to deal with it. Trying to put in the PROJECTION lines for
> the proj string gets the Capabilites to work but WMS still does not render.
>
> I think it's all centered on the proj issue. Anyone have a solution?

I was able to list layers with the following link:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv54?map=/usr/local/share/mapserver/demos/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.map&Request=GetCapabilities&Service=WMS

But not render them...

I don't think we are going to be able to fix this one in place; I
suspect that we will need a new copy of the mapserver demo?