[Live-demo] What data should be included on the LiveDVD & Postgres installer

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Fri Sep 11 16:37:43 EDT 2009

live dvd package owners:

It seems that in running the automated scripts, that Postgres has not
been populated with data again.
Which brings me to the question:

1. What dataset(s) do applications want on the LiveDVD and installed
into Postgres.

Ideally, I want to have one basic (and small) dataset that everyone
uses, then projects can optionally add larger datasets.

GeoData community, we are flat out building the LiveDVD to be handed out
at FOSS4G. You may be able to offer advice on the data we should install
on it.

And lastly,
I'm looking for a volunteer to write part, or all of an installer script
for getting data into postgres.
Something like:
install_basic_geodata.sh

You can see examples at:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/
in particular:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_postgres.sh

If someone familiar with installing postgres data could write a
skeleton, and email to this live-demo list, and either check into svn,
or email to this demo list, then that would be a great start.

Geospatial Systems Architect