[Live-demo] GeoServer install script

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Sat Sep 12 08:54:51 EDT 2009

Hi,
Cameron contacted us yesterday asking for a GeoServer install
script.
I've done my best to cook up one quick that:
- install Sun JDK 6
- installs and configures GeoServer 1.7.6 to run on the CD
- adds the styler extension for online styling
- add the relative desktop icons for starting, stopping,
   entering administration and accessing the styler
   (the GUI is not pluggable so we don't have entry points
    int the UI for extensions, that's why another icon was
    added)

The script is attached, let me know if it works ok for you.

A few notes:
- the live DVD ships only with OpenJDK. I have some doubts
   anybody is actually using it, if so, it should be safely
   removed
- the live DVD installs Tomcat too, again, this is something
   I believe not necessary as every server side software seems
   to be installing its own web container and running on
   a different port.

Next year we can try having all the Java server side apps
run in the same Tomcat, but I guess for this year it's
too late.

Cheers
Andrea

--