[Live-demo] Release: Arramagong GISVM beta 2.0beta2 & and ISO image

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Sep 20 15:03:23 EDT 2009

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I've cut another release, this time logs are included.
> And for the first time, I've created a live DVD iso. Frustratingly, I
> haven't been able to work out how to boot a LiveDVD inside VMWare
> Server, so I'm not sure if the ISO works or not. I'll be interested to
> hear feedback.
>
> As always, details are on the http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/
>
> I was planning to set off a built tonight, but I'd like to hear that we
> have postgres data issues solved first, and I also need to focus on
> other foss4g activities for a bit.

Booting an ISO is pretty easy,
Create a new vmware image from the menu,
down on the CD/DVD drive pick the ISO file to load
When you boot it should boot from CD.

Did postgres fail or just pgrouting? I'm aware of pgrouting and can
probably solve it quick(It's a path issue), it just got late last night
cleaning up some qgis and R stuff.

Alex