[Live-demo] FW: GeoNetwork and LiveDVD

Simon.Pigot at csiro.au Simon.Pigot at csiro.au
Thu Sep 24 05:07:39 EDT 2009

Hi Cameron,

I fixed the startup scripts to remove dependence on being started in /usr/lib/geonetwork/bin earlier in the week. Also I don't really see the need to run with sudo as the installer script changes ownership of everything in /usr/lib/geonetwork to username user, group user - all of this makes me wonder whether wildintellect (Alex?) was running a version which did not contain these changes?

Also I don't understand the changes that have been made to the start_geonetwork and stop_geonetwork.desktop files which now use 'dash launchhelp.sh' in front of the start_geonetwork and stop_geonetwork scripts - I do not have these scripts? I assume launchhelp displays something helpful for the user before launching the start/stop scrips? Can someone point me at these?

I'm building my own copy of the livedvd image now to test this further.

Cheers,
Simon