[Live-demo] Re: Live-demo Digest, Vol 11, Issue 59

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Sep 24 14:13:43 EDT 2009

Brian Hamlin wrote:
> Hamish, CameronShorter-
>
>   12 hours ago mleslie looked more carefully at the PostGIS 1.4
> installer script
> after examining it he agreed with the conclusion pramsey came to by only
> considering it
> that it is perfectly safe to add
>
>   So I will set the install flag to TRUE
> and I would like to see a link on the desktop to the PostGIS 1.4 manual
> its one of the great additions, aside from performance
>
>  I will be at the Google Maps Hack Day in a few hours in San Francisco,
> and hope to be available online
>
>   best regards from California
>     -Brian

I would like to recommend that no manuals be on the desktop and rather
they be linked from the Software documentation page in the docs folder.
Basically it's a clutter problem we already have too many icons,
considering the 4 for Geoserver, 3 for geonetwork, 2 for deegree etc.

See QGIS for example.

Thanks,
Alex