[Live-demo] Natural Earth mirror/distribution

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 16:14:22 EDT 2010

Brian,
I'm wondering whether we should include the Natural Earth on the LiveDVD?

We should select one dataset that we encourage all applications to use.
We may need to create a subset of the data so that we can reduce it to a
size which fits on the DVD, either by reducing the number of layers, or
by reducing the area of the world covered.

Before we make a final decision about what dataset we choose, I suggest
we let the OSGeo community know we are looking to distribute one dataset
for the LiveDVD, and ask for suggestions as to which dataset we should use.

Natural Earth does fit all/most of our selection criteria:

* Free licence
* Visually pleasing
* Small enough to fit on the LiveDVD
* Has someone prepared to help us incorporate the data onto the LiveDVD?

Brian, do you have Mr Kelso's email address? Could you please forward
this email to him, and invite him to join our live-demo email list, or
contact me directly cameron DOT shorter (a) lisasoft.com