[Live-demo] Review of Ushahidi Overview docs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 07:53:10 EDT 2010

Henry,
Excellent overview docs. I can't think of any suggestions to make it better!

  Ushahidi¶ <cid:part1.07010004.09030601 at gmail.com>

    Web Service¶ <cid:part2.01060101.01090301 at gmail.com>

The Ushahidi <http://www.ushahidi.com/> Engine is a free and open source
platform that allows anyone to gather distributed data via SMS, email or
web and visualize it on a map or timeline. Our goal is to create tools
for democratizing information, increasing transparency and lowering the
barries for individuals to share their stories.

      Core Features¶ <cid:part3.05070301.06030606 at gmail.com>

    * Interactive map.
    * Timeline.
    * Ability to subscribe to report alerts based on proximity.
    * CSS based theming.
    * 5 minute web installer.
    * Ability to upload and download mass reports.
    * Ability to layer KML/KMZ files on the map.
    * Supports custom pages and tabs.
    * Site statitics and analytics

      Demo¶ <cid:part4.06050807.08080504 at gmail.com>

    * Ushahidi Demo instance <http://demo.ushahidi.com/>

      Details¶ <cid:part5.08070001.09040004 at gmail.com>

*Website:* http://www.ushahidi.com

*Licence:* GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3

*Software Version:* 1.1.0

*API Interfaces:* PHP

*Supported Platforms:* Linux, Mac, Windows

*Support:* http://forums.ushahidi.com

Geospatial Director