[Live-demo] A folder for beta software

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio juan_lucas_dr at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 20:10:26 EST 2010

Hello. Please have a look at this screenshot:

http://gvsigmobileonopenmoko.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/edit_menu.jpg

That's a Xubuntu 9.10 live CD with the applications menu slightly modified by adding some 10 lines to a certain XML file:

/etc/xdg/xubuntu/menus/xfce-applications.menu

I guess your Xubuntu 9.10 also has that XML in the same place. This additional line:

Categories: Beta;

has to be then written in the *.desktop files that are considered beta software, as I have done with that application called Tali.

If you are interested in this modification, I think I can help you write the script to do it automatically.

Regards,
Juan Lucas