[Live-demo] geopublisher sucking in openoffice? & missing project descriptions

SAIG - Listas listas at saig.es
Thu Feb 4 05:27:53 EST 2010

Cameron Shorter escribió:
> On 2/02/2010 6:06 PM, Stefan Krüger wrote:
>> Hi

>>> I should have mentioned, Ubuntu has changed it policy and now installs
>>> Recommends by default. I'm a little torn on this particular one, since
>>> Open Office is a useful tool when dealing with dbf files. I'm not sure
>>> if gnumeric handles them as well.
>>>
>> Sadly gnumeric can only open .dbf, but not save .dbf.
>>

> Much as I would love to have Open Office on the LiveDVD, I think we
> need to remember why we moved to Xubuntu over Ubuntu in the first place.
> Effectively we want an image that uses less RAM, but also is smaller,
> easier to download and hence more likely to be downloaded.
> So unless one of the GIS applications need Open Office exclusively to
> work effectively, I suggest we don't include it.

Hi to all.

One of the key new features for Kosmo Desktop 2.0 is its avanced
printing module that uses OpenOffice as target. Another problem is that
it's required the offfical OpenOffice distribution, because we have
noticed that the custom OpenOffice packages for some distributions (like
Ubuntu, for example) removes some files that must exist so this
extension could work.

Regards,

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: sbc at saig.es