[Live-demo] Re: [Ubuntu] Should we use PostGIS 1.5 on the LiveDVD?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 5 16:56:21 EST 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I notice that PostGIS has just released version 1.5.
> http://technology.slashgeo.org/technology/10/02/05/181230.shtml
>
> Is anyone working on packaging PostGIS into the UbuntuGIS PPA repository?
>
> (We have a feature freeze on Monday, in a couple of days, so it will be
> tight to get this installed in time)
>
> Should we be using this release on the LiveDVD? (We currently have 1.4
> installed)

Based on how long it took the last release to make it into a Debian
package, which is what we copied to Ubuntu I don't think it will be
ready in time. Also note that pgrouting which relies on postgis may not
even be tested against 1.5 (though I still haven't finishing fixing the
bugs to get it installed right with 1.4, but that might be a libboost
issue).

I don't see any reason to rush it and suggest we stick with 1.4 for this
 LiveDVD release.

Thanks,
Alex