[Live-demo] Any insights into running VMWare Server?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 16:44:26 EST 2010

For some reason, the VMWare server I set up on ubuntu 9.10, on
camilla.ardec.com (and now also on my personal computer) does not run.
Either now allowing log in, or once logged in, not allowing loading of
our arramagong image.

I'm not sure what has changed. Maybe one of the ubuntu security updates?
Maybe something in the arramagong install process has effected the
underlying VM?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we should do to get a stable VM
to work on?

Would rolling back to Ubuntu 9.04 for the host operating system help?

Alex, I think you have been trialing a few things? What would you suggest?