[Live-demo] I'm reviewing the OSGeo-Live Overview documentation

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 18:24:38 EDT 2010

Cameron:
> We haven't worked out how to link from quickstart to overview yet as
> they are in difference directories. To be safe, I suggest not linking
> from quickstart to overview.
>
> You can link from quickstart to quickstart, or overview to overview.

My plan is to write a one-off script to add some text to the end of
each overview page which has a quickview page available. All that is
needed AFAIK is the path. Here I show an absolute path but a relative
one would be more portable. or just install both quickstart and overview
.html outputs to the same dir..

the general idea is:

HELPPATH="/usr/local/share/gisvm/htmlfiles"  # or wherever that ends up

cd doc/overview/

for FILE in *.rst ; do
  PROJECT=`basename $FILE _overview.rst`
  if [ -e ../quickstart/${PROJECT}_quickstart.rst ] ; then
    echo "
Quickstart

* `Quickstart documentation <file://$HELPPATH/${PROJECT}_quickstart.rst>`_

" >> ${PROJECT}_overview.rst

  fi
done

Hamish