[Live-demo] What dataset should your application use on the LiveDVD?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 02:55:06 EDT 2010

Micha wrote:
> I've collected, for a training course, a dataset of the
> region of Bosnia-Herzegovina which includes some layers from
> naturalearth.com and
> VMAP0, two bands of a a landsat tile (4 & 3 for an NDVI
> exercise) the
> SRTM coverage for that region, and an OSM file of Sarajevo.
> Zipped up
> with 7z it comes to 100 MB. Unzipped it's over 300 MB.
> All sources are unfettered with licencing problems.

nice!

image is compressed, so zipped size is what matters.

OSM data should be re-downloaded at the last minute using Xapi
(see install_osm.sh).

landsat etc in geotiffs? natural earth,vmap0 in shapefiles?
(esp do not want raw vmap0 dcw format; too complicated)

is the training course material published under a C.C. license
or so? :)

Hamish