[Live-demo] What dataset should your application use on the LiveDVD?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 17:10:51 EDT 2010

Alex Mandel wrote:
> 2 local - As we discussed previously every year we could rebuild the
> same type of data for the location of foss4g, in this case Barcellona
> Landsat, SRTM/DEM, OSM, KML of conference hotel, etc.

While I love the idea of having a FOSS4G local dataset, I'm also weary
that we do not want to set up work that needs to be repeated by us
packagers or projects every year.
Eg: Quickstart documentation will require screen grabs based upon
datasets used. There will likely be ~ 1 day per project to create a
quickstart, close to 1 man month in total, which we don't want to ask
for every year.

I'm happy to have a local dataset included, but suggest it is only used
for applications which are not going to be reused the following year.