[Live-demo] Naming the LiveDVD

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 00:29:12 EST 2010

Cameron wrote:
> That will give us enough time to select a name, register a
> domain name, update documentation etc.

As for domain names, I suggest we put in a request for
live.osgeo.org and have a simple page there which points to
the wiki and links directly to the binary download URLs.

I also suggest we either 1) redirect live.osgeo.org to a trac
wiki page containing the main webpage (as gdal and proj4 do),
or 2) keep the html source for it in the top level of our SVN
and set up an hourly cron job to copy/sync that to the web page
once an hour.

Hamish