[Live-demo] Python scripts in build?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 06:51:07 EDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> Take pre.html and tests.html (which is a downloaded wiki
> page in the main_docs.sh),

First thing that comes to mind is that I really don't see why
the testing page needs to be on the ISO in the first place. Also
it's sort of a chicken and egg problem, yes? at least guaranteed
to be out of date. Link to wiki page may be better.

bin/install_main_docs.sh:
# Download the Test Plan / Test Results
wget -c -O ${DEST}/tests.html http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing

* ${FOO} does not protect from spaces in pathnames, it protects
the name of the variable from legal variable chars directly
after it.

* wget -c should not be used in this case as the wiki page could
have changed and -c only cares about number of bytes in the file.
A side effect of wget -O is forced overwrite.

* probably much easier to work with the version from
   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Live_GIS_Disc_Testing&printable=yes
  but that doesn't preserve internal links and convers external
  links to text.  mmph. luckily there are <!-- start content -->
and <!-- end content --> tags in the file to search for.

> insert everything after the body opening tag in test.html
> onto the end of pre.html and save the file as tests.html.

revised version now in svn r3387. pls test.

> Assuming dropping the head section of the wiki page doesn't
> screw up formatting that should be it. Minor formatting can
> then be fixed by arramagong.css which I can handle.

dillo validator says:
HTML warning: line 1, the required DOCTYPE declaration is missing (or invalid)
HTML warning: line 930, Anchor names must be unique within the document
HTML warning: line 934, unexpected closing tag: </div>. -- expected </none>

Hamish