[Live-demo] 3.0 rc5

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 05:00:19 EDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> Still trying to figure out why someone in Russia downloaded
> 72 copies plus of rc4 from what appears to be windows 98
> machines with IE5, anyone know if that it legitimate or if
> I should be moving to block some excess traffic.

maybe a someone saw new free software posted on the 'net and
wanted to grab it before the site got shut down. ;)

were they sequential or in parallel? I'm not sure if you can
limit serial downloaders but you can configure apache to tell
people using "download accelerators" to take a hike.

> ISO is now up too, haven't had a chance to test it yet though.
> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/3.0-rc5/
> (Can someone update the homepage, time to crash here)

done.

> Hamish maybe for the usb we will make an iso version minus
> the win/mac installers?

sure, sounds good. (they are ~1gig [incompressible], right?)

> I think in 4.0 we can improve the build process to make this
> easier.

inch by inch..

cheers,
Hamish

ps- can we now delete 3.0-alpha3 and 3.0-rc2 VMs from the server?
(but leave logs)  they take up 7gig.