[Live-demo] OSGeo wiki or google spread sheet?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 05:37:26 EDT 2010

Judit wrote:
> This is the answer to my question. Easy enough.

(except of course that we have little to no need for formulas)

> Well, I am not too happy but I can live with it. Just always make
> sure that tables are editable without google account please.

... that leaves it open to being spammed & defeats the purpose of
having a change history.

Granted mediawiki tables are a complete PITA compared to a real
spreadsheet, but for my 2c that is outweighed by the benefit of keeping
everything under one roof (single login) and not depending on a 3rd
party sole-supplier (whoever they might be).

A table is not the same thing as a spreadsheet though, and in the rare
occasion that a real spreadsheet is needed, sparing use of google docs
is not a bad solution for that.

wrt disk space usage, fwiw we already have a column for it in the package
listing google spreadsheet, we just have to fill it in with better data.

shrug,
Hamish