[Live-demo] Re: [Workshops] defining a local dataset

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun May 9 16:51:41 EDT 2010

Hello Rafael,

I'm from the OSGeo Live DVD project, and was also chair of foss4g 2009.
At foss4g 2009 we handed out the OSGeo Live DVD to all delegates. By
2010, it will contain ~ 40 of the best GeoSpatial Open Source
applications installed, configured and ready to be trialled by users.

What we would like to do for 2010 is set up a set of world datasets
which all projects can use for their applications. We expect we will use
http://www.naturalearthdata.com/

It would be great if you could help pull these datasets together onto
the DVD, and we can help in asking projects to set up their applications
to work with the dataset.

Are you interested?