[Live-demo] Re: [Marketing] Marketing artefacts, subversion directories, and source formats

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell.osgeo at shaw.ca
Sun May 16 02:32:30 EDT 2010

Nice pointer Hamish.  I started to look into this a while back when I actually installed wiki -> latex on our wiki, but I never got back to the PDF stuff.  I wonder how easy it is to get installed.

I don't see why we can't just keep a text file and images in SVN or even in the wiki.  The barrier to entry is essentially nil.  The layout then would be up to us and our templates.   Then let something else do the layout with a little help from those who know the tools.  I'd volunteer to help run a bunch of the files through a template to produce both the HTML and PDF.  Both of which could be done in a single run of latex.  But if it means opening up a word doc one by one by one by .. twenty+ .. I doubt we'll get any volunteers.

That's just me and I'm prone to take on more than I can handle.  I'd say to add to the artifacts idea, give them a max number of words for each paragraph, a set number of short bullet points, ask for an image size (as you've done).  We could then give them a template to try it out in - even a word doc.  Once it works, then just save the text files into svn and we can take it from there.

I could be wrong, but getting simple text files will be hard enough ;-)

Tyler
Tyler