[Live-demo] Planning to ask for new email lists for live-translators and live-project-contacts

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 17:35:25 EDT 2010

  I notice that the live-demo email list can generate quite a bit of
traffic now, and that many of our project contacts do not monitor the
list very closely (and hence I need to chase them individually).

As we start building up toward the next release, I propose that we spawn
some low traffic email lists to allow people to monitor the project,
without having to watch every single developers email.

I propose we have:

live-demo (our current developers email list)

live-announce (we will send our press releases out on this list)

live-project-contacts (list of the 30 or so people who act as the point
of contact for their project. I spent much of my email time on the last
release searching out and emailing these people)

We may at a later point set up a live-translators, if the translators
think it worth doing. At the moment I've found the translators tend to
be very engaged in the live-demo list, and hence I don't think we need
another list yet.

If there are no objections, I'll approach the OSGeo SAC and ask for
these lists to be set up.