[Live-demo] Re: Live-demo Digest, Vol 25, Issue 8

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Nov 23 02:05:20 EST 2010

On 11/22/2010 01:00 PM, activityworkshop wrote:
>> From: Alex Mandel > Any chance you could backport it to lynx and we
> can post it on ubuntugis launchpad ppa? I'm afraid I don't know enough
> about packaging debs or ubuntu ppas to do any backporting. But I do know
> that just taking the meerkat package works fine on the OSGeo Live DVD as
> it is, the only dependencs are the java runtime and the
> metadata-extractor so there should be no issues at all as far as I know.
> I can't see what would be involved in a backport apart from a copy-paste
> and possibly a very minor rename.

Just the minor incantations to do it the proper debian/ubuntu way. I've
attempted to do so, which may be may 1st successful upload to launchpad.
If it works right I'll see about having gpsprune copied over to
ubuntugis. In the future, if you want to release new versions and not
have to wait for them to get into the next release of ubuntu we can work
towards packaging for ubuntugis more regularly. I think I got it figured
out for your package and might be able to show you how.

https://launchpad.net/~wildintellect/+archive/wildintellect

Thanks,
Alex