[Live-demo] Managing translations

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:18:40 EST 2010

On 23/11/10 23:01, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>  Hi Cameron,
>
> I agree that we should track the version of the English docs that are
> translated.
> How major will the changes be? Perhaps we can make adjustments and try
> to sync to the new version of the English doc.

Regarding the stability of documentation:

Main pages in the root directory:
* These pages will be reasonably stable, possibly a few minor tweaks

Application Overviews:
* Will be reasonably stable
* Will likely have a few minor tweaks to adjust version numbers and
possibly add a new feature or 2 in the feature list.
* Will likely be ~ 5 new applications added to OSGeo-Live

Standards:
* We only have 1/2 the standards written up so far. I'm expecting to get
the rest as part of this release. And all standard overviews are yet to
have a comprehensive review.
* I'm hopeful that we can have stable standard overviews ready for
translation as part of this release, but as yet am not sure if the
review cycle will be completed in time.

Quick Starts:
* For the majority of Quickstarts, I'm not expecting them to be reviewed
and stable in time for translating in this release.
* However, they will likely be ready for FOSS4G 2011 in September.