[Live-demo] Re: Live-demo Digest, Vol 25, Issue 17

activityworkshop mail at activityworkshop.net
Sat Nov 27 18:20:28 EST 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:37:15 -0800
> From: Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>
>
> I've built and uploaded the gpsprune package for Lucid. It is now in
> ubuntugis-unstable. So now the install script should be a simple apt-get
> now.

Wow, that's cool, thanks very much! Dare I ask, how difficult was it?
Did you have to do any recompilation or just a slight tweak to the
package headers or something?

Second question, would you have done it if it weren't for this 4.5
release of the live DVD? Was that a one-off fix to get around the
problem of Prune not being in the Lucid repositories, or would there be
a benefit to keep this gis-unstable up to date with future backports to
the LTS release? Version 11 of Prune is already in Narwhal, so if there
was any interest then theoretically that could be backported too. But if
it was just a one-off then that's fine too :)