[Live-demo] What color theme should we use for the next liveDVD?

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 08:36:25 EST 2010

  Hi folks,

I agree with Hamish that since it is a 4.x version, it would be better
to keep the backdrop image.

As for the Desktop icons, even though I agree (personally I don't like
links on my Desktop) about Desktop cluttering, I think it is helpful for
people not familiar with the GNU/Linux OS.
And I know a lot of those people that are willing to try OSGeo Live...
so -1 from me

Angelos

On 11/28/2010 01:08 PM, Hamish wrote:
> Cameron wrote:
>> We should develop our screen
>> background image for the next (March 2010) OSGeo-Live DVD,
>> so that it can be used in screen grabs where required.
> I'd suggest to not include a changeable backdrop image in screen
> shots if possible, so that we don't have the burden of updating
> them for every release.
>
>> My only suggested criteria is that the background theme
>> looks noticeably different to previous release (but ideally
>> keeps some common feel).
> as it's still 4.x, I'm not so worried about the interim version
> being highly distinct, but have no great opinion about that-
> I would not discourage wonderful designs.. :)
>

> Hamish
>
> ps- I'm finding the desktop a bit cluttered and had thought to
> perhaps drop the app desktop folders and only have them available
> from top menu bar.
> votes yes/no?

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory