[Live-demo] Re: SVN commit rights

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Sun Oct 10 19:03:24 EDT 2010

  On 10/10/2010 10:38 AM, activityworkshop wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when I
> checkout the rst files for the overview and run sphinx on them, I get a
> load of warnings like this:
> WARNING: /doc/en/overview/overview.rst:12: (ERROR/3) Unknown interpreted
> text role "doc".
> WARNING: /doc/en/overview/overview.rst:: (WARNING/2) Duplicate explicit
> target name: "quickstart".
>
> and these errors and warnings also get included in the output html files
> as big orange boxes all over the page.  Is there some step I missed for
> this or am I using an outdated version of sphinx or something?  (Mine
> says 0.4.2)
>
> When I try to do the same for the quickstart it doesn't work at all, it
> just says:
> Could not import extension sphinx.ext.intersphinx (exception: No module
> named intersphinx)
> Again, am I missing something here?
>
> Let me know if there's a better place to ask rather than bothering you -
> is it a question for the list perhaps?

I'm CCing the osgeo-live list when responding to this. Best to send
these questions to the list so answers are archived, and you are likely
to get a few people who can answer.

What you are describing doesn't sound right.
What operating system are you running on? How did you download and run
sphinx?
We have only tested on ubuntu (and maybe debian) systems.