[Live-demo] Which 2011 conferences should we distribute OSGeo-Live DVDs at?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Oct 27 20:25:46 EDT 2010

On 10/27/2010 03:24 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>  The OSGeo-Live project puts out releases every 6 months, and I'm
> currently in the process of picking release dates for 2011.
>
> I'm currently expecting to put out our next release in mid March 2011,
> and the foss4g 2011 release at the end of August 2011.
>
> However we do have a little wiggle room to adjust these dates to
> accommodate next year's conferences.
> Can people please let me know of all upcoming conferences or workshops
> where it would be appropriate to include OSGeo-Live DVDs.
>
> Feel free to add the conferences, dates, and contact person (if you
> know) into our schedule here:
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB#gid=0

Looking at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California#Proposed
We've got a pretty heavily loaded April, so I would say being ready
early March is likely the goal.

As I mentioned in a previous thread I think we should stick to Ubuntu
10.04 for this next release to save ourselves some time/work on the base
system that could be more focused towards improvements of other
features. (Note: I've also seen on some lists that usb based systems
under Meerkat have some issues around booting)

Thanks,
Alex