[live-demo] Problems during the creation of a bootable USB

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 19:37:12 EDT 2011

Ab_fab wrote:
> I made several unsuccessfull attempts to install the
> distribution on an 8 GB USB disk, with persistent storage
> Or under several distributions of Ubuntu, where I used the
> Startup Disk Creator   USB disk preparation does not complete,
> and returns the following error :"An uncaught exception was
> raised:
>
> [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'/media/FAA5-3672
> /WindowsInstallers
> opencpn_2.3.1_setup.exe?use_mirror=cdnetworks-us-2"

Hi,

I don't know why it would cause a problem for the USB install,
perhaps it's the "?" and "=" in the filenames, but our
bin/load_win_installers.sh script's wget needs to either use -O
to name the file or rename it later when grabbing from
sourceforge. (e.g. the commented out gpsbabel example on line 73
of that script)

in the mean time, try grabbing the 'mini' 3.2gb version without
those installers and see if that works.

cheers,
Hamish